23 February 2012

Leech's hands.

Leech was by far the most underused of the Evil Horde villains. Even though Modulok made fewer appearances, at least that particular character was fleshed out! The simple fact is that Leech was the Tri-Klops of the Evil Horde; a character that the writers could do little with. Even though he had little screen presence, his suction cup hands made him unforgettable. It is worth mentioning that in his debut appearance in "Into Etheria" he displayed the ability to change between his suction cup hands and a pair of quite normal hands! Sadly, the character was so rarely used that we never got to see this again.


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

7 comments:

Bailey Records said...

That is just plain strange.

Daniel Quintero said...

I wish my toy had hands... even when i actually trade for a week leech vs my cobra khan and Jistu and never saw those two again!

Kevin Martinell said...

Very true! "The Red Knight" and "One to Count On" were pretty good episodes for Leech, following this appearance for the villain. I always liked this smooth animation of Leech transforming his hands. :) He also had one of the best voices for a villain, a distorted voice and a sloppy way of talking! Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

HB Potlood said...

Although I always find it a bit weird to see him change his hands in that scene, I suppose for Leech that would be the only way to have some kind of normal life. Otherwize he would have 'the midas touch' all the time. I also wonder about Scorpia. Are those her real hands or just gloves?

Miss M said...

I liked Leech. I remember being little and this boy telling me that the toy Leech could only stick to windows that were circular.

Obviously the kid had no clue what he was talking about, but even now to this day whenever I see a circular window I always think of Leech. Silly I know. I like Leech and wish he had been utilized more too in the cartoon. He seems like an imposing threat against the Great Rebellion with his powers. Nice post as always! : )

Sebastian Vogl said...

I always loved the idea of his hand being able to change. And you gotta give credit to his ability to drain Glimmer without squeezing her hair! ;D

thenicochan said...

I just love the surprised look she gets on her face, and how she refuses to...ya know...just walk away before he starts his stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...