27 February 2012

Teela is pissed.

It is sometimes surprising to find the words that pop up in the scripts and storyboards of the He-Man and She-Ra series. Bob Forward rightly indicates that Teela "is pissed" in this highly memorable scene from "Into the Abyss". What I love about Bob's illustration is that, while simple, you can see the expression on Teela's face; two eyes with a furrowed brow indicating her displeasure at Prince Adam, who lazes before her with Cringer...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

6 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Well said, James! Funny how only Prince Adam's legs are seen while the rest of him is hidden behind Cringer, who reminds me of Tigger, from "Winnie The Pooh," in this illustration! :) ~"KevyGuy" :)

Mosquitor said...

I thought you meant pissed in the British way, (i.e. drunk) at first! :D

Bailey Records said...

Oh man, I was hoping she was drunk! :)

Mrs Zippy said...

I think this does refer to 'pissed' in the British sense. If I remember correctly, in the next scene Teela gets a kebab before flashing her tits at Skeletor, then weeping uncontrollably until her taxi home arrives

HB Potlood said...

I had to look closely to find Adam there. But Teela is definately Tee(la)d off, that's for certain.

joseephus said...

Very interesting to see her "Pissed". And I do love how the very simple picture of her makes her look upset.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...