12 April 2012

Flutterina points the way.

Here is an absolutely beautiful illustration by Glenn Steward from the story "The Lost River", which was featured in the rarely-seen four story She-Ra Ladybird compilation book. Whilst the rendering of the characters themselves may be fairly straightforward, the use of color in this piece is breathtaking! I love the way in which all three characters are colored with a purple hue across their bodies, to accentuate the fact that it is nighttime on Etheria. For some reason, I like that She-Ra has her arms folded...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

HB Potlood said...

Wow! The characters look very rotoscoped here. Like a still from a Ralph Baskhi movie.

Kevin Martinell said...

Yes, I agree, and I Flutterina's pose is great, as well as the color and detail on her hair. :) Bow looks really close to his animated form, in this illustration, and I really like how realistic the background scenery looks!

Grimbot said...

Huh... Bow's colored like He-Man. :P

Miss M said...

Oh yay for Flutterina! I love this picture! I love the glistening look on She-Ra's cape. The colors do pop and it really makes for a lovely picture. Flutterina's wings look so majestic. Another great entry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...