26 May 2012

FILMATION ART: Whispering Woods at night.

For the last fifteen years I have collected He-Man and She-Ra animation artwork. As a result I have amassed a pretty large collection! Here I present a piece of original background artwork from the She-Ra episode "King Miro's Journey". I always thought the alongside the Fright Zone the Whispering Woods was always rendered with amazing detail. However, up until this point I had no backgrounds with the Whispering Woods at night, in which Filmation employed another color palette altogether! This background, whilst not as detailed as most, really showcases the beauty of the Whispering Woods and the wonderful style of artwork achieved on a regular basis by the Filmation background artists.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

And here is how the background was used in the episode...

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Beautiful background ... Blue, purple, and pink always look so nice together. The tiny pink tree reminds me of a lollipop and the small blue tree right next to it looks like a Q-tip! :)

Paul Brave said...

Where did you get this? AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...