09 May 2012

Man-E-Pain!

I remember reading the Masters of the Universe minicomic "The Ordeal of Man-E-Faces!" over and over again as a kid. Even though I was not a fan of the minicomics at the time, I was so impressed with Mark Texeira's artwork that I loved examining the pages in-depth. This panel of Man-E-Faces in a great deal of pain is by far one of my favorites from the story. I was also a fan of Man-E-Faces' design in this minicomic (which was based on his prototype) over his action figure design and cartoon design...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

1 comment:

Kevin Martinell said...

You can definitely see more drama and detail captured in both versions of his face than in the cartoon, plus I like the pink and green effects behind the character. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...