10 June 2012

There is no victim!

"The Ordeal of Man-E-Faces!" is one of the most visually rewarding of the early Masters of the Universe minicomics. When I was a child I never truly appreciated the beauty of Mark Texeira's artwork, mainly due to the fact that I was a huge fan of the Filmation cartoon. That said, I always loved this illustration of the large blue winged demon looming over He-Man. Mark Texeira was always an expert as using black shadows in his artwork, and in this piece the demon is given numerous areas of black, giving the character great depth and mass!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

1 comment:

Kevin Martinell said...

Once again, it is nice to see a beautiful illustration of Teela in action. :) I agree, Busta! :) The demon reminds me of a cross between Webstor and Daimar from "Daimar The Demon." :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...