01 August 2012

FILMATION ART: Valley of Power.

For the last sixteen years I have collected He-Man and She-Ra animation artwork. As a result I have amassed a pretty large collection! Here I present a piece of original background artwork from the He-Man episode "Valley of Power". The Valley of Power was a unique and sadly rarely used location in the Filmation cartoon. This background shows Cringer's point of view as he slips off the side of the mountain! Once again the artists at Filmation create an amazing sense of depth through use of detail and a wide spectrum of colors! I particularly like the purple highlights which seem to reflect the color of the mountain on the surrounding green areas. If memory serves me correctly this background was reused in the season two episode "Search for a Son" when Teela falls off of a mountain. But, for me, this background will always be a fantastic, if not scary, view of the Valley of Power.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

And here is how the background was used in the episode...

1 comment:

Kevin Martinell said...

Agreed ... That is a scary but beautiful point of view and I like the added detail of the purple rocks on the ground and the scattered cracks in the earth. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...