23 October 2012

Skeletor wakes the Beast!

The Masters of the Universe Ladybird book "He-Man meets the Beast" features a great deal of beautiful artwork by Robin Davies. Here is a fantastic illustration showing the moment when Skeletor wakes the Beast! I love the colors on this illustration, as well as Robin's ability to create amazing scale-like texture on the Beast's skin with simple circular shapes. Over the years I have featured numerous illustrations from this particular book. Track them down!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Yes, I agree, and I like how the different dots on the Beast range from yellow to white! Great use of the different shades of blue for the cavern scenery too. :)

Protection Sword said...

I loved the colors too
Also loved the audio cassette's that came with these books !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...