19 November 2012

"I AM HE-MAN!"

Here is an absolutely fantastic page from the Masters of the Universe minicomic "Slave City". Throughout this artist Larry Houston, who was a professional comic book artist, employed numerous traditional techniques to illustrate a very violent, yet superb story. The poses on this particular action-packed splash page remind me of the way in which the late great John Buscema would stage action during his time at Marvel Comics...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

It's great the way He-Man "charges" onward, plus the color variety was captured perfectly on the weapon and striking effect. :)

David Monid said...

I am He-Man!

I am from the original Masters of the Universe!

I have no ida why? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...