25 December 2012

Merry Christmas! Here's a gift...

Today I recommend getting out your DVD or VHS of "A Christmas Special" and watching it. As I have said before, this is the one day of the year that I can tolerate its existence, so I will certainly be watching!

Normally, I would source a Christmas-themed image on this day of the year. However, this year I thought I would try something different and actually give you loyal visitors a present of sorts!

Ever since I first saw the episode "The Mines of Mondor" from She-Ra's season one, I have always been fixated with a specific background from that episode. The background in question depicts a large dimensional gateway in the middle of the Whispering Woods at night. I always loved the fact that the location is incredibly unique, in that it is used as a dimensional gateway to another planet, and that we never see it again.

This time last year I was fortunate enough to acquire the original background art! So as a gift to you all, if you click on the picture below you will see the LARGEST image hosted on my Blog! The dimensions of this image are 3500px X 1605px. This means that due to the high resolution you can print off the image, or use it as a desktop wallpaper!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Martn Olivero said...

Merry Xmas to you James... Eternian - Etherian guard!This background is spectacular!

Kevin Martinell said...

Very nice detail in the bricks to the stone structure ... This structure would have worked well as part of the City of the Anicents from the He-Man episode, "Masks of Power, and the main locations from "Journey to Stone City" and "The Time Wheel." :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...