03 April 2013

GIANT Picture Book (Heroic Warriors) illustration #1

Golden Book published a great deal of Masters of the Universe material during the eighties. Two of the most notable and yet rarely seen books are the Giant Picture Books; oversized quality publications printed on thick quality paper featuring artwork by Fred Carrillo. One book focused on the Heroic Warriors, whilst the other focused on the Evil Warriors. Here I present, from the Heroic Warriors book, the two pages focusing on He-Man. I believe the color illustration also appeared in the Heroic Champions line of Masters of the Universe books published by Golden Book.


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Great color variety in the first illustration, and I like how symmetrical the "Power of Grayskull" looks. :) In the black and white panel, I like the way the shadow of He-Man is cast, and that is one freaky looking creature capturing Teela!

Brett said...

I'm so thrilled to see you're posting the Heroic Warriors images--I've always wanted to see it, but never have been able to! I can't wait to see the Sorceress' page, as well as the King and Queen's (assuming they're in there).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...