09 May 2013

FILMATION ART: Trollan landscape.

For the last sixteen years I have collected He-Man and She-Ra animation artwork. As a result I have amassed a pretty large collection! Here I present a piece of original background artwork from the He-Man episode "Dawn of Dragoon". While this may look like a simple nondescript background, I immediately recognized it from the scene in which Prince Adam attempts to use his fire ray, which due to the backwards nature of Trolla turns into water. Filmation always had a talent for drawing otherworldly locations, and yet making them vastly different from all the strange oddities located on Eternia. Amazingly, weeks after purchasing this background I found the matching cel of Prince Adam!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

And here is how the background was used in the episode...

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Congratulations on obtaining both pieces of artwork for this scene, Sir! I like how if you focus on the bush only, it looks like the effects of the sunset at the end of "The Problem with Power." :)

Buzz Chuck said...

I love when you post Filmation art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...