27 July 2013

FILMATION ART: The Bottomless Hole of Trolla.

For the last sixteen years I have collected He-Man and She-Ra animation artwork. As a result I have amassed a pretty large collection! Here I present a piece of original background artwork from the He-Man episode "Dawn of Dragoon". One of the most dramatic scenes from this memorable episode occurs as He-Man and Battle Cat confront Dragoon near the Bottomless Hole of Trolla! Even though I do not own a special effects cel of the wind, I love the artwork which details the never-ending depth of this unique location. Interestingly, this background would be repainted and used two episodes later in "Song of Celice" during the scene in which He-Man hurls Yog down a bottomless abyss.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

And here is how the background was used in the episode...

1 comment:

Kevin Martinell said...

Thanks for the info as I was wondering if the scenery was the same between the two episodes! This color scheme is nice, different to the usual color schemes of visuals like the Royal Palace and the daytime and nighttime skies. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...