25 December 2013

Merry Christmas! Have a present...

Today I recommend getting out your DVD or VHS of "A Christmas Special" and watching it. As I have said before, this is the one day of the year that I can tolerate its existence, so I will certainly be watching!

Last year's Christmas-themed update seemed to go down pretty well, so I thought I'd do the same again, and give you loyal visitors a present of sorts!

The Whispering Woods are, by far, one of the visually-strongest locations seen in the She-Ra series. The Filmation artists really did put a great deal of effort into the design of these woods. The and lush shrubbery, adorned in an array of colors, effortlessly evoked a sense of warmth and safety; which was the basic concept behind the woods themselves.

Over the years I have been fortunate enough to obtain a few pieces of original background artwork. So as a gift to you all, if you click on the picture below you will see the LARGEST image (to date) hosted on my Blog! The dimensions of this image are 4686px X 1605px. This means that due to the high resolution you can print off the image, or use it as a desktop wallpaper!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Emerson said...

Thanks a LOT for this awesome background art!

Kevin Martinell said...

This IS a great Christmas present, as I do not like the cold weather, ice, nor snow, plus the scenery makes me think of Spring and Summer. :) Maybe next year, you'll be willing to post some character shots or excerpts from "A Christmas Special" for December, Sir! Ha ha. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...