16 March 2014

Orko frozen.

In these hilariously-illustrated panels by Steve Hickner, from the He-Man episode "Return of the Gryphon", we see Orko trying to aid Man-At-Arms in the repairing of a freeze ray device. I particularly like the second panel with the pair shocked at what they know is about to happen! From looking at the many storyboards I own, Hickner clearly enjoyed illustrating Orko, as he always seemed to give the character a great deal of life. Something that was sadly not translated to the screen in his storyboards.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

1 comment:

Kevin Martinell said...

James, Man-At-Arms' expression reminds me of something that you and I had discussed in recent e-mails about the classic take on Man-At-Arms' face in the "Battle of the Dragons" episode, when he warms Orko about the Magic Fire! His reaction in these panels remind me of that shot of him from that episode. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...