11 August 2014

FILMATION ART: The Hive interior.

For the last sixteen years I have collected He-Man and She-Ra animation artwork. As a result I have amassed a pretty large collection! Here I present a piece of original background artwork from the She-Ra episode "Assault On The Hive". As soon as I saw this background for sale I immediately recognized it from the ridiculously memorable scene in which He-Man orders Comet Cat to "fetch" Skeletor. This artwork was actually the background that both Filmation's He-Man and Skeletor appeared on for the last time! For some reason I just had to own this piece, even though I do not currently own the cels. I guess it is only a matter of time...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

And here is how the background was used in the episode...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...