29 August 2014

Origin of the warrior woman.

I mentioned recently that the more I examine each and every panel from the Masters of the Universe minicomic "The Tale of Teela!" the more I seem to consider it as my favorite minicomic of all time! The story is a beautiful culmination of the DC-produced minicomics that came before it. As a kid I had no idea that the comics were building to this moment, as for the longest time I had no idea that this minicomic even existed! It was not until a few years ago that I finally managed to buy a quality copy, and subsequently feature scans on this very Blog. Aside from the culmination aspect, there is the fantastic cast of both Heroic Warriors and Evil Warriors, as well as story which wonderfully details the origin of Teela and her strange and unique connection to the Goddess. Finally, and by no means least, Mark Texeira's artwork, as evidenced by this opening splash page is simply superb throughout!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...